Please contact Missy at (901) 828-8019 for more information regarding our services, fees, and insurance policies.
The midwives at Full Circle Midwifery are primary care providers for healthy pregnant women who choose to birth in their own home settings. A collaborative care plan physician is available for consult when indicated. Full Circle Midwifery provides comprehensive prenatal, intrapartum, and postnatal care.
A series of three childbirth classes and a birth kit with disposable supplies is included for our homebirth clients.
- Discuss matters of importance, concern, or interest to you.
- Record your family and medical history
- Evaluate nutritional needs and discuss any needed dietary changes
- Perform physical assessments
- Monitor healthy weight increases
- Assess blood pressure
- Perform dip-stick urinalysis
- Assess fetal growth and activity
- Determine fetal positioning bypalpation
- Listen to fetal heart tones
- Perform laboratory blood tests
Prenatal visits occur once each month up to 32 weeks, every 2 weeks until 36 weeks, and weekly until delivery.
- Offer labor guidance and comfort techniques
- Monitor baby's well being with intermittent fetal heart tone readings
- Monitor mother's well being
- Assess the progress of labor (vaginal exams are used only when necessary)
- "Catch" the baby and/or assist mother or partner to "catch" the baby
- Chart the progress of labor and birth (copies may be made available for record)
- Monitor mother and baby during immediate postpartum period
- Perfom comprehensive newborn exam and screening
- Administer vitamin K and antibiotic eye ointment if desired by parents
- Assist with breastfeeding
- Clean birth linens and prepare postpartum bed
- Provide a 24 hour in-home assessment of mother and baby (more if needed)
- Instruct partner on the monitoring of vitals for mother and baby
- Perform metabolic newborn screening test (heel stick)
- Home visits as needed via 24/7 on call availability
- Provide a 2 week, 4 week, and 6 week postpartum office visit
- File birth certificate